The Russian Ministry of Defense has published two videos confirming ceasefire violations by terrorist groups in Syria.
The tapes show the terrorist attacks on the positions of government forces in Syria and the Arab army’s response to jihadists.
“On the night of August 7, at 3:10 am, about 50 terrorists from the Al-Nusra Front group (also known as Hayat Tahrir al Sham) attacked the positions of government troops in Hama province. The Syrian army was able to repel the attack,” reports the Russian Zvezda newspaper reported, with reference to the Russian Ministry of Defense.
The terrorists, however, continued their offensive and at 4:30 they attacked other Syrian army positions in the same province with mortars and multiple rocket launchers.
At about 5:50 am, about 250 terrorists, supported by two tanks, three armored vehicles and seven trucks with heavy machine guns, launched another attack on the Syrian army. Government forces repelled the offensive and the enemy was forced to retreat.
In addition, about 400 jihadists, supported by three tanks, four infantry fighting vehicles and ten vans, attacked the Syrian army in the area of another provincial city.
“The offensive was preceded by a car bomb attack that was destroyed with an anti-tank missile,” said the Russian Ministry of Defense and added that a counterattack is underway and terrorist reserves are being destroyed.
According to the Russian Center for Reconciliation in Syria, the terrorists also tried to aggravate the situation in the areas of Tell Rifaat, Al Raqa and Haseki. On August 6, 42 ceasefire violations were reported by terrorists.
Meanwhile, the terrorist group ISIS has in recent months strengthened its clandestine network in Syria and Iraq, according to a US Department of Defense report.
According to the report, focused on the Inherent Resolution operation and signed by the Pentagon Deputy Inspector General Glenn Fine, the State Department Inspector General Steve Linick, and the Inspector General of the International Development Agency (USAID), Ann Calvaresi Barr, since half of the 2,000 members of special operations and other relief and training forces returned to the US in the spring, ISIS is trying to get back to business five months after US President Donald Trump said that the forces of the caliphate had been totally defeated.
Get instant updates via push notifications when we publish news!