Connect with us

Featured

Report: Sudan Dispatched 600 Mercenaries, Mostly Minors, to Yemen in April

Published

on

SANA’A- Sudan has dispatched scores of militiamen, most of them under the age of 18, to fight alongside Saudi-led military forces against Ansarullah fighters, a report says.

The Arabic-language Sout al-Hamish daily newspaper, citing an unnamed informed source, reported on Saturday that 600 Sudanese fighters had been flown late last month from Nyala Airport in southwestern Sudan to Yemen.

The source added that the Sudanese fighters had received training for only four months at the Dumaya camp in Nyala, the paratrooper training camp in the capital Khartoum as well as the al-Jili camp north of Khartoum before being sent to battle fronts in Yemen.

Even though Sudan’s long-time President Omar al-Bashir was toppled in April after months of public protests, the military council that runs the country follows suit and continues to dispatch soldiers to fight at the front line of war in Yemen.

Almost all the Sudanese fighters appear to come from the battle-scarred and impoverished region of Darfur, where some 300,000 people were apparently killed and 1.2 million displaced during a dozen years of conflict over diminishing arable land and other scarce resources. Most of the militia belong to paramilitary Rapid Support Forces, a tribal militia previously known as the Janjaweed.

There are reports that Sudanese fighters are sent to battles in the Midi Desert of the northwestern Yemeni, province of Hajjah, the Khalid bin Walid camp in Ta’izz, or around Aden and Hodeidah.

All of those interviewed by foreign media outlets confirm that they have fought in Yemen only for money, as they were paid in Saudi riyals. Payments to the mercenaries are said to be deposited directly into the Faisal Islamic Bank of Sudan, which is partly owned by Saudis.

Last November, the Ansarullah spokesman for Yemen’s , Mohammed Abdul Salam, referred to the deaths of several Sudanese mercenaries in the strategic western Yemeni province of Hodeidah وsaying they were “victims of their government being on the payroll in a cruel and senseless war.” Abdul Salam warned that Yemen would turn into a “graveyard” for invaders.

 

Source: Press TV

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Featured

Mohammed Al-Houthi responds to dishonest remarks of Pompeo

Published

on

SANA’A -Mohammed Ali al-Houthi has responded to the call by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who called on Ansrullah to “implement the Sweden agreement.”

“Your coalition is the one refusing to implement the Stockholm accord,” Mohammed al-Houthi said in a tweet on Monday evening, addressing US secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

“We consider your call [to us] to implement the agreement of Sweden to be misleading propaganda which confirms your repudiation and tells your mercenaries to keep carrying out their infiltration attempts on Jableyah area in Hodeidah province.”

The National Salvation Government has initiated a unilateral implementation of the plan of the Chairman of the Coordination Committee for the Redeployment of forces, General Michael Lollesgaard. The Yemeni initiative has been hailed by the United Nations and its envoy.

While Yemen has upheld its part of the Sweden peace agreement, the Saudi-led invaders still have done no effort whatsoever, and have kept on bombing and attacking Hodeidah in direct violation of the agreement they signed. This is the reason why Pompeo’s remarks hit extra hard in Yemen, and have caused great anger.

“We would welcome a committee of the UN Security Council to review all official messages exchanged with American mercenaries or with the United Nations under the chairmanship of Michael Lollesgaard, Chairman of the Redeployment committee,” al-Houthi said.

Continue Reading

Central Front

Yemeni army thwarts mercenaries attacks in Bayda (Video)

Published

on

BAYDA – Military media of the Yemeni army on Sunday released video footage shows Yemeni army fighters repelling  attacks carried out by Saudi-hired mercenaries in Bayda province, central of Yemen.

The video showed the army forces foiling the militants’ attack on Qaniah area, forcing them into retreat

The second footage showed the army forces repelling the mercenaries’ attack on Hawran area of the same district.

Continue Reading

Featured

Video: Yemeni army foils mercenaries’ attack in Asir

Published

on

ASIR – Military media of the Yemeni army on Sunday released video footage shows Yemeni army fighters repelling an attack carried out by Saudi-hired militants in Asir region.

The video showed the army forces foiling the militants’ attack on Abwab Al Hadeed area in front of Alb crossing, forcing them into retreat.

The Footage further showed the warplanes launching air strikes to back its mercenaries during their infiltration attempt.The army forces destroy a Saudi armored car(BMB) with a kornet rocket as the video showed.

Continue Reading

Top stories