Connect with us

Featured

Saudi Arabia admits that Abha airport was struck by Yemeni cruise missile

Published

on

SANA’A -Saudi Arabia’s official media published several photos shows damages of Abha airport after it was bombed by a Yemeni cruise missile.

The photos were reviewed by the spokesman of the Saudi-led coalition, Colonel Turki al-Malki, during a press conference held on Wednesday, Saudi state news agency SPA reported.

Earlier in the day, the invading coalition had admitted that Abha airport was indeed hit by a cruise missile coming from Yemeni territory.

Colonel Turki al-Malki reported that the attack wounded over 26 people of different nationalities, and as usual he accused Iran of supporting what he described as “cross-border terrorism”, without giving any sort of evidence for these claims.

On Wednesday, Yemen’s Armed Forces spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Sare’e said that “the Missile Forces of the Army and Popular Committees fired a winged cruise missile at Abha Airport, which hit its target with high accuracy and caused a suspension of flights at the airport.”

This attack is the second of its kind carried by the Yemeni army inside Saudi Arabia, and comes around a month after two Saudi oil pumping stations were attacked and destroyed, leading the Saudi kingdom to call for two Arab summits meant to try and convince other regional powers to support the genocidal Saudi-led war against Yemen.

The attack on Abha airport marks the first time that the Yemeni army launched an actual cruise missile, which flies at low altitudes in order to bypass air defences. The use of cruise missile technology shows that Yemeni military capacities have massively increased in the past year.

Advertisement
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. oprol evorter

    June 23, 2019 at 1:14 pm

    Great post. I was checking constantly this weblog and I’m impressed! Very useful info specially the last part 🙂 I deal with such information much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

  2. oprolevorter

    June 24, 2019 at 8:12 am

    Hi there I am so thrilled I found your blog page, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Google for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Featured

Mohammed Al-Houthi responds to dishonest remarks of Pompeo

Published

on

SANA’A -Mohammed Ali al-Houthi has responded to the call by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who called on Ansrullah to “implement the Sweden agreement.”

“Your coalition is the one refusing to implement the Stockholm accord,” Mohammed al-Houthi said in a tweet on Monday evening, addressing US secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

“We consider your call [to us] to implement the agreement of Sweden to be misleading propaganda which confirms your repudiation and tells your mercenaries to keep carrying out their infiltration attempts on Jableyah area in Hodeidah province.”

The National Salvation Government has initiated a unilateral implementation of the plan of the Chairman of the Coordination Committee for the Redeployment of forces, General Michael Lollesgaard. The Yemeni initiative has been hailed by the United Nations and its envoy.

While Yemen has upheld its part of the Sweden peace agreement, the Saudi-led invaders still have done no effort whatsoever, and have kept on bombing and attacking Hodeidah in direct violation of the agreement they signed. This is the reason why Pompeo’s remarks hit extra hard in Yemen, and have caused great anger.

“We would welcome a committee of the UN Security Council to review all official messages exchanged with American mercenaries or with the United Nations under the chairmanship of Michael Lollesgaard, Chairman of the Redeployment committee,” al-Houthi said.

Continue Reading

Central Front

Yemeni army thwarts mercenaries attacks in Bayda (Video)

Published

on

BAYDA – Military media of the Yemeni army on Sunday released video footage shows Yemeni army fighters repelling  attacks carried out by Saudi-hired mercenaries in Bayda province, central of Yemen.

The video showed the army forces foiling the militants’ attack on Qaniah area, forcing them into retreat

The second footage showed the army forces repelling the mercenaries’ attack on Hawran area of the same district.

Continue Reading

Featured

Video: Yemeni army foils mercenaries’ attack in Asir

Published

on

ASIR – Military media of the Yemeni army on Sunday released video footage shows Yemeni army fighters repelling an attack carried out by Saudi-hired militants in Asir region.

The video showed the army forces foiling the militants’ attack on Abwab Al Hadeed area in front of Alb crossing, forcing them into retreat.

The Footage further showed the warplanes launching air strikes to back its mercenaries during their infiltration attempt.The army forces destroy a Saudi armored car(BMB) with a kornet rocket as the video showed.

Continue Reading

Top stories