Suspected al-Qaeda gunmen were killed on Friday in a US drone strike in the eastern Yemeni province of Ma’rib, which is under the control of al-Islah party, tribal sources reported.
According to the sources, a US drone carried out an air raid in Friday in the desert of Raydan area in the northern Ma’rib province, killing Khamis bin Arfaj, an al-Qaeda suspect, as well as his brother Turki bin Arfaj.
US drones occasionally carry out airstrikes targeting militants, which the United States says belong to al-Qaeda.
The exiled Hadi’s government did not make any comment on the strikes.
In 2017-2018, the Administration of President Donald Trump launched some 176 drone strikes on civilian and military targets in Yemen, according to an Associated Press report late last year.
More than 300 people, both militants and Yemeni civilians, were killed in these raids, the report said.